Official Youth Delegates to Rio+20
During negotiations there are two ways to be represented: through civil society movements (such as the MGCY) or through official governmental delegations. Depending on who you are representing, your accreditation badge will be a different colour letter.
Currently, there are very few official youth delegates and we are trying to change this. Official youth delegates - have access to closed discussions, can participate more fully in the process and help to push the youth policies forward.
What is the role of official youth delegates?
The youth delegates provide input to their delegation on issues related to youth and participate in the delegations’ general work through attending a variety of meetings and informal negotiations, as well as providing assistance in covering general debates and drafting reports.
When returning home, the youth delegates often conduct tours of schools, universities, youth organizations and other civil society organizations to share their experiences with other young people.
Get good quality generic medications which works faster than other male drugs.
The youth delegates also write articles, take part in various conferences and participate in preparatory meetings. The youth delegates also participate in online discussions with the other youth delegates organized by the MGCY.
Are you an official youth delegate?
Will you attend Rio+20 as member of your country’s government delegation? As official youth delegates, we are both enjoying privileges and facing some particular difficulties. Therefore, it is important to join forces!
There is a special mailing list for Official Youth Delegates to Rio+20 (Global). We are sharing specific information, setting up meetings and discussing issues that are particular relevant for us. You can join it here: https://groups.google.com/
Here is an overview of the countries that have official youth delegates for Rio+20:
- African Union
- New Zealand
- Sri Lanka
If you are an official youth delegate, join the mailing list! If you know official youth delegates from a country that is not listed above, please ask them to join or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does your country have a youth delegate? If not, Join this campaign and help us build our youth movement!
Want to start your own campaign? All the information that you need is right here:
- MGCY statement to bureau on youth delegates (January, 2012): "We ask the Bureau to support the Official Youth Delegates Programme by inviting Member States to include youth delegates in their Rio+20 delegations. Official youth delegates serve as important liaisons with the children and youth of their countries, inspiring and encouraging young people..."
- Launch of pink youth campaign at COP17, Durban
- Official Youth Delegates for Rio: one pager on the crucial details to know about the official youth delegate program.
- Jeunes délégués officiels pour Rio+20: une page sur les détails cruciaux de connaître le programme des délégués des jeunes officiels.
- Official Youth Delegates for Rio+20 Lobbying Guide: are you interested in making this happen? this is a step by step guide on how to successfully lobby for official youth delegates.
- Official UN Youth Delegate Guide : un guide for official youth delegates prepared by UN Youth.